Room Changes Before Move In
Room Change requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and processed based on availability. Room Changes are not guaranteed. It is your responsibility to be aware of any billing changes related to changing your room. Our Housing Rates can be found HERE.
The New Student Room Change Request Form is available! We encourage you to review the options and determine which ONE option will be best for your personal success. Please click HERE to fill it out.
1. Change room within current Living Center
- Use this form if you want to stay in your building but change your room.
2. Change Buildings
- Use this form if you want to stay in your style of housing but want to change your building.
- Students assigned to Holton-Hooker cannot select this option.
3. Change Housing Style
- Use this form if you want to live in a different style of housing.
1. Request a roommate
- Use this form if you want to live with a specific roommate.
- Both students must fill out this form in order for it to be considered.
- You will be able to choose 3 Housing Style Preferences.
- Please Note: these are preferences and will be taken into consideration as best we are able. By choosing this selection, you are prioritizing your roommate request over your room choice.
2. Swap rooms with another student
- Use this form if you want to live with your friend who’s in another room and has a roommate assigned to them.
- This is ideal if you want to live in a specific style of Housing with your friend.
- It is up to you and your roommate request to talk to the person you will be swapping with.
- We will not swap students unless we receive forms from both the student requesting the swap and the student being swapped.
For Incoming Freshmen who are currently placed on South Campus (Living-Learning Community participants), please contact myHousing@gvsu.edu for any room change requests.
Returning and Incoming Transfer Students
For Returning, Transfer and/or Graduate Students who are currently placed on South Campus for the FALL 2018 / WINTER 2019 school year and want to change their room, the Online Room Change Process will begin on Tuesday, November 28.
We encourage you to utilize the online room change process prior to submitting a written request to the department. If necessary, please submit a Wait List Request using the form found here.
Room Changes After Move-In
Room Change requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and processed on an individual basis pending space availability. Space is limited and reassignment is not guaranteed. You are encouraged to work with your RA and Living Center Director staff to assist you with any roommate concerns you may be experiencing.
Requests are processed by the Living Center Director staff on an individual basis. Special care is taken to ensure room changes meet the needs of all involved. You will be notified by the Living Center Director Staff if your request has been approved and space is available in your requested area. You are responsible for completing a proper checkout from your current housing assignment. Failure to properly check out will result in administrative and damage fees.
The Housing staff member will ask for your name, current room assignment, email address, cell phone number, desired building or unit type and a brief description of the nature of your request. You may request a particular style, a certain building or a specific room. You may be added to multiple waiting lists. Please do not put yourself on a waiting list unless you are truly interested in the change and willing to move to your new assignment on relatively short notice. If you change your mind and are no longer interested in a room change, please cancel your request at your area front desk.
It is your responsibility to be aware of any billing implications related to a room change. To review the cost of various housing styles, see our HOUSING RATES.