Arnold receives AP Achievement Award
Posted on April 12, 2018
Damon Arnold, director for academic services for student athletes, received the Administrative Professional Achievement Award at the annual AP Luncheon April 10 in the Kirkhof Center.
Arnold oversees the Laker Academic Success Center; he was recognized for being a mentor to many student athletes and for establishing innovative programs within the center. The AP Achievement Award is the highest honor given to AP staff members, recognizing outstanding contributions to the university, profession and community.
Other award recipients are listed below.
• Commitment to Students Award: Emily Davis, living center director, Housing and Residence Life
• Innovation Award: Mary Jo Smith, lab instructional coordinator, Chemistry
• Service to Community Award: Timothy Eernisse, development and marketing manager, WGVU Public Media
• Commitment to Diversity Award: Jamillya Hardley, living center director, Housing and Residence Life
• Outstanding Team Project Award: Laker Move-In Planning Team
• Outstanding Academic Advising and Student Services Award: Tom Fellows, senior academic advisor, CLAS Advising
The following people were recognized for 25 years of service: Karen Burchard, Cassonya Carter, Bob Holcomb, Simone Jonaitis, Sue Korzinek, Koleta Moore, Jean Nagelkerk, Betty Schaner, Don Underwood and Greg Wilson.