Nursing (R.N. to B.S.N.)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
Nursing is an exciting profession that is currently undergoing many challenges as the health care system changes. For R.N.s who do not yet have a B.S.N., the Kirkhof College of Nursing provides a specialized program that allows students to obtain the tools to meet those challenges head on. Curricular content on research, evidence based practice, quality and safety, and nursing care in the community provide new ways of thinking about and addressing care to a diverse population of clients.
The Kirkhof College of Nursing (KCON) at Grand Valley State University offers a B.S.N. (R.N. to B.S.N.) for registered nurses. Visit gvsu.edu/kcon for details.
The curriculum includes courses in humanities and the social, physical, natural, and health sciences that provide a strong scientific and humanistic foundation upon which the clinical nursing courses are based. Nursing coursework expands and deepens the R.N.'s current knowledge.
The demand for baccalaureate prepared nurses has never been greater. Increased acuity and complexity of care, along with new accreditation requirements for safety and quality initiatives or Magnet status have made the degree even more marketable. Nurses who want to develop more advanced skills in understanding and improving their patient care or who want to advance into other areas find that obtaining their B.S.N. increases their ability to compete for these desirable positions.
Why Study Nursing at Grand Valley?
- Nursing courses are taught in a hybrid format.
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology for teaching.
- Individual program plans created with your advisor.
- Community-based clinical experiences may be arranged near your home.
- Graduates will have an exceptional blend of clinical, organizational, economic, and leadership skills and will be prepared to contribute to health care reform.
- Students can earn up to 30 tuition-free credits based on prior education. Individualized program plans determine credit allocation.
- Qualified students who are currently in an associate's degree program may take selected nursing courses.
- The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
For More Information
Kirkhof College of Nursing
“GVSU's R.N. to B.S.N. program has strengthened my nursing skills and made me more marketable as a nurse in a challenging economy and in the field of nursing. The faculty and staff have been very supportive, flexible and available to me as a registered nurse and as a student.”
R.N. TO B.S.N. ALUMNA