Majestic Ball: Social Anarchy
Date and TimeFriday, February 17, 2017
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2250 GRAND RIVER ROOM
Majestic Ball: Social Anarchy is based on political and social instability. Some Americans have gained a mistrust in the US government. As a result, we take action against our government and corrupt the system in the form of Riots and Fires (Rodney King and Ferguson). The government is also taking away and adding programs just to remove them again leading to political instability. This program is based on the 5 principles of our sorority. Academics: Students will compete to win a prize based on a presentation from our guest speaker Professor Gamal Gasim. Community Service: Donations will be taken to benefit Kids Food Basket. A program that helps give well-rounded nutritious meals to kids who are experiencing childhood hunger. Social Awareness: Students will end the night interacting with peers and enjoying our photo booth, food and dancing. Morals and Ethics: Students will learn how to protect those who fall victim to social instability. Cultural Awareness: Performances by culturally based performing arts groups will allow students to see different styles of dance.
- Students will learn about the significant problems of trust and mutual obligations between states and citizens
- Students will gain knowledge about those who are affected by political violence.
- Students will be able to compare national issues with those of the global community to better gain an understanding and engage in critical thinking geared towards alleviating this socio political tension.
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Academic » Academic Department Events » CLAS - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences