Grand Valley Career Center hosts a variety of career events throughout the year that bring together employers and recruiters with undergraduate and graduate students and alumni looking for full-time jobs and internships.
- Fall Career Fair - October 19, 2017 Sold Out! Please contact email@example.com or 616-331-6708 to be placed on waiting list.
Pricing | Schedule | Parking, Unloading & Shipping | Travel & Accommodations | Connecting with Career Explorers
- Nonprofit Volunteer & Internship Fairs - September 14, 2017
- Engineering Co-Op Career Fair - January 23, 2018
- Winter Career Fair & Health Career Expo - February 22, 2018
- Out-of-State Teacher Fair - March 5 & 6, 2018
- Summer Job Fair 2018 - March 14, 2018
- Teacher Search - April 24, 2018 Save the Date!
These industry-specific fairs offer students an opportunity to talk with attending employers about work options and your hiring needs. These events are promoted to students who are exploring career paths, as well as those actively searching for a job or internship. Employers have the ability to set up a table to speak with students in an informational capacity. Events in the Careers In series include:
The Employer Spotlight program brings an invited employer to campus for a day to be featured in a series of 5-minute classroom presentations throughout the day and offers a tabling opportunity in a visible location between presentations Additionally, we invite faculty and staff from applicable programs to lunch and learn more about your organization, culture, and the job/internship opportunities you offer.
Through this program, students are provided the opportunity to engage with a featured employer and learn more about the internship/career opportunities available. It also serves to better educate and prepare undergraduate and graduate students throughout their academic career.
- Freshman learn about future career paths and corresponding majors.
- Sophomores are exposed to the importance and process of networking.
- Juniors explore internship opportunities.
- Seniors and Graduates discuss potential career paths.
Employer Spotlights are offered the two weeks prior to each of our bi-annual Career Fairs. Cost for participating is $250.
Presentations and Workshops
Volunteer to provide your recruiter expertise at career-themed workshops, seminars, class presentations and panels which are regularly offered to students and alumni on campus. Topics include resume writing, interviewing techniques, networking, and job/internship search strategies.
To learn more about employer and recruitment events and how your organization can participate, contact Susan Proctor: firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-6708.