Management (Management Information Systems Emphasis)
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
To lead others in a world of constant change and intense competition, you need a management major. The MIS emphasis provides students with the appropriate knowledge and skills to define, design, and develop management information systems. Specialized skills in the area of Enterprise Resource Planning equip students with a strong technical background, but emphasizes the business knowledge and analytical skills necessary in today's business environment. The goal of the management information systems emphasis is to provide students with the following:
- An understanding of integrated business processes.
- Experience using enterprise software (SAP® ERP) to execute business processes.
- An understanding of necessary capabilities of reporting and analysis software to support business decision making.
- Experience applying reporting and analytic techniques to translate business requirements into operational business intelligence decisions.
Visit the online catalog, catalog.gvsu.edu, for coursework options in the management major.
- Applications consultant
- Business analytics specialist
- Database administrator
- E-Commerce expert
- ERP administrator or consultant
- IS manager or director
- Network administrator
Why Study Management Information Systems at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members who are active in the current business environment through consulting and have strong academic credentials.
- Current technology is integrated into courses by use of integrated business processes, electronic and mobile commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships and mentorship programs are available to allow you to earn money while gaining valuable business experience.
- The ongoing Seidman ERP Speaker Series brings corporate executives and recent graduates to campus to talk about enterprise systems and business processes in the world.
- ESSU, a student organization created specifically for students interested in Enterprise Systems/ERP & Management Information Systems, provides networking opportunities with companies, conducts resume workshops and practice interviews, and provides tutoring to students.
“The hands-on exercises have provided me with real-world experience by linking technology and the business processes together.”
MANAGEMENT MAJOR, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS EMPHASIS